What we do
The North Pennines AONB and UNESCO Global Geopark team is working on the Atlantic Geoparks project, in partnership with another eight Geoparks and two aspiring Geoparks. The partnership has been given funding by the EU Interreg Atlantic Area programme to create a European Atlantic Geotourism route, connecting 12 dramatic landscapes.
The transnational project will promote and share the geological and cultural heritage of the Atlantic Geoparks to attract tourists and boost local economies.
- University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD) (Portugal)
- Arouca UNESCO Global Geopark (Portugal)
- Azores UNESCO Global Geopark (Portugal)
- Fforest Fawr UNESCO Global Geopark (UK)
- Marble Arch Caves UNESCO Global Geopark (Northern Ireland/Ireland)
- Geoparkea – Basque Coast UNESCO Global Geopark (Spain)
- Lanzarote and Chinijo Islands UNESCO Global Geopark (Spain)
- Association of Sustainable Municipalities of Cantabria (Spain)
- Armorique Nature Park (France)
- North Pennines AONB UNESCO Global Geopark (UK)
- Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark (Ireland)
- Burren and Cliffs of Moher Geopark (Ireland)