Five ‘locator logos‘ have been produced (‘In the…’, ‘Exploring the…’, ‘Based in the…’, ‘Happening in the…’ and ‘Made in the…’) to help local businesses (and others) to promote the fact that they operate within, or are allied to, the high quality landscape in the North Pennines AONB and UNESCO Global Geopark.
- The Locator Logos were launched at the third North Pennines Tourism Seminar in November 2017. Download the launch presentation here
Who can use the logos?
- Businesses, community groups, individuals, charities based in or carrying out a significant part of their work/activity in the North Pennines AONB
- If you are located within a 1km buffer zone from the AONB boundary you will considered to be within the AONB for the purposes of logo use.
- Applicants are asked to sign up to the North Pennines Locator Logos Charter – which outlines a series of straightforward commitments – and some Conditions of Use.
A tourism asset
The North Pennines is nationally and internationally recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and a UNESCO Global Geopark. These labels potentially have currency with visitors ad there is a benefit for tourism businesses by being associated with our high quality landscape and its special qualities. Two of the top five reported motivations for visitors are ‘visiting the North Pennines as a destination’ and the AONB designation.
The locator logos make it easy for businesses to position themselves as being in the North Pennines AONB and UNESCO Global Geopark.
How much will it cost?
In the first year the Locator Logos will be FREE (until November 2018) – there will be no charge from the AONB Partnership for their use. After this trial year we will evaluate the project and the usage of the logos. After evaluation we may decide to levy a charge for future use. This could be allocated to a specific project allied to AONB purposes.
What’s the criteria for use?
- The logos must not be used in such a way as to bring the AONB Partnership or the North Pennines AONB & UNESCO Global Geopark into disrepute, or which goes against AONB Partnership policies or purposes.
- Promotional material or merchandise that only carries the North Pennines Locator Logos is not permitted. They must be accompanied by the business/seller’s own logo/identity.
How to apply to use the logos
- Simply complete the short application form and sign the Locator Logo Charter and return them to the AONB Partnership either by post (Shane Harris, North Pennines AONB Partnership, Weardale Business Centre, 1 Martin Street, Stanhope, Bishop Auckland DL13 2UY) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you would like a Word version of the application form please email email@example.com
- Assuming you meet the criteria your application will be approved and usage guidelines and the logos themselves will be sent to you by email.
Contact Shane Harris (Responsible Tourism Lead) on 01388 528801 / firstname.lastname@example.org