You are sure of a warm welcome in the North Pennines. Why not stay for a long weekend or even a whole week!
You’ll find small country house hotels, village inns, guest houses, farmhouses, bed and breakfasts along with bunkhouses, camping barns and youth hostels. There are also plenty of self-catering cottages and caravan and camping sites in the North Pennines, so you should be able to find somewhere to suit your requirements.
In the North Pennines there are some accommodation providers who have awards which prove they have gone the extra mile to provide ‘green’ or environmentally-friendly places to stay.
Parts of the North Pennines are within the counties of Cumbria, Durham and Northumberland.
You can search for accommodation in the North Pennines AONB and UNESCO Global Geopark by visiting the sites linked to this page. Alternatively you could ring an information centre.
- Check the where to stay section on the Visit Alston Moor site.
- Search for accomodation by visiting the Visit Eden website. or request an Eden Holiday and Short Breaks Guide using the online form.
- Visit Go Lakes or Go Lakes brochure request to search and book accommodation within Cumbria.
- Visit Discover Carlisle.
- Visit This is Durham for accommodation in the Durham Dales (Teesdale, Weardale or Derwent Valley).
- Visit Teesdale Discovery and Discover Weardale.
- Explore Visit Northumberland
- Visit The Allen Valleys site and have a look at the places to stay section.