Fifty years ago the first people walked on the Moon. Discover the epic story behind this historic moment as we screen ‘CAPCOM GO! The Apollo Story’ in our immersive planetarium dome. A shorter film will showcase spectacular (day and night) footage taken in the North Pennines AONB and UNESCO Global Geopark by local photographer Gary Lintern.
- Date: Thursday 24 October 2019: 10am; 10.45am; 11.30am; 12.15pm; 1.30pm and 2.15pm
- Venue: Alston Town Hall (CA9 3RF)
- Booking: Pre-booking essential via Ticketsource
- Cost: Adults – £5; Concessions – £3; Families – £10
- For ticket prices ‘children’ are defined as under 18s
- Unfortunately bookings are non-refundable
The show is suitable for ages seven plus and lasts for 30 minutes. Access into the dome is through a narrow ‘door’ and you will need to sit on the floor. You are advised to bring a small cushion with you – anything bigger is not possible to avoid trip hazards.
This event is part of the North Pennines Stargazing Festival running from 23 October to 3 November 2019. #NorthPennStarFest19 #NPennDarkSkies