Fred Stevenson, from Go Stargazing, will take us on a voyage of discovery looking at the Andromeda Galaxy – the most distant object you can see with your naked eye. Discover how it and other galaxies were discovered and explore the mysteries of the distant universe. After the talk we will (weather permitting) enjoy stunning views of the starry night sky (from the Dark Sky Discovery Site) with powerful telescopes and binoculars.
- Date: Thursday 31 October 2019, 7 to 10pm
- Venue: Bowlees Visitor Centre, Upper Teesdale (DL12 0XE)
- Booking: Pre-booking is essential via Ticketsource
- Cost: Adults – £10; Concessions – £7; Families – £25
- For ticket prices ‘children’ are defined as under 18s
- Note that tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Do not buy or sell tickets for this event from third parties. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss your booking, quoting your Ticketsource booking reference.
Wrap up and bring a red light torch (if you have one).
This event is part of the North Pennines Stargazing Festival running from 23 October to 3 November 2019. #NorthPennStarFest19 #NPennDarkSkies
(c) NPAP / Shane Harris