The Harehope Quarry Project aims to demonstrate and promote a more sustainable way of living. Harehope Quarry is a Gold Award holder in the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS).
The project runs an ecoclassroom, from which it delivers environmental education, field studies and education for sustainable development, a small holding and a nature reserve with permissive access for the public. The eco- classroom can be hired for meetings,events and other activities.
There is an annual events programme or courses, celebrations and environmental activities for children and families.
- Harehope Quarry, Frosterley, Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham DL13 2SG
- 01388 528599 or 01388 528633
- Harehope Quarry Project
- Permissive paths to the east and west ends of the quarry are open at any time. Visits are strictly by prior arrangement
- Eco-classroom can be booked for events and activities. Note that the classroom is closed at other times
- Costs of events and activities vary, please contact the Harehope Quarry Project for further details