Date(s) - 24/10/2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
South Tynedale Railway
First we will discover the planets on a gentle guided walk (2km round trip) along the South Tyne Trail with Astro Joe (bring wellies/boots and warm/waterproof clothing). Are they close together or far apart? How big are they, compared to each other?
- Date: Thursday 24 October 2019: 1 to 3pm
- Venue: South Tynedale Railway, Alston (CA9 3JB)
- Booking: Pre-booking essential via Ticketsource: 1 to 3pm
- Cost: £5 per child (accompanying adult free)
- Unfortunately bookings are non-refundable
After a short break we will reconvene in the Discovery Centre for a second activity:
- Moon-themed art activity
Children will be able to see and hold some real meteorites, including pieces from the Moon and Mars. Suitable for children aged four to 11 years. All children must be accompanied.
This event is part of the North Pennines Stargazing Festival running from 23 October to 3 November 2019. #NorthPennStarFest19 #NPennDarkSkies
(c) NPAP / Shane Harris