Date(s) - 23/03/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Great North Museum: Hancock
All are welcome to this FREE joint event between the Cold-blooded and Spineless Project, Environmental Records Information Centre – North East and the Natural History Society of Northumbria, celebrating invertebrate recording in the North Pennines AONB and nearby areas. This event will inspire you to learn something new and get even more involved with invertebrate recording, just in time for the new season ahead.
There will be opportunities throughout the day to view the invertebrate marvels within the Great North Museum’s collections and to find out more about local wildlife and natural history groups.
We will also be running a series of 30-60 minute breakout sessions throughout the day, including:
- Special Invertebrate Sites of the North Pennines AONB
- Invertebrate recording with the Natural History Society of Northumbria
- An introduction to QGIS for biological recorders
- Bumblebees for beginners
- The City Nature Challenge, iNaturalist and how to get involve
- A window into the world of Newcastle University’s Eco Society
Teas and coffees will be provided on the day but please bring or buy your own lunch.
Transport: lifts to the event can be arranged, please get in touch with Genevieve if you would like to ask for/ offer lifts: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is fully booked.