Date(s) - 02/11/2019
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
North Pennines Observatory @ ACA
**Sold Out (as of 29/07/19)**
In Estonia it is believed that the Northern Lights were magnificent horse drawn carriages carrying heavenly guests to a celestial wedding! This evening up at the observatory will begin with a talk from Laura Preston, North Pennines Astronomy Society and AstroVentures, about the Northern Lights – what they are and how to see them. Weather permitting, we will do some live stargazing using binoculars and telescopes.
- Date: Saturday 2 November 2019, 7 to 10pm
- Venue: North Pennines Observatory, Allenheads (NE47 9HR)
- Booking: Pre-booking is essential via Ticketsource
- Cost: Adults – £10; Concessions – £7; Families – £25
- For ticket prices ‘children’ are defined as under 18s
- Unfortunately bookings are non-refundable
Wrap up and bring a red light torch (if you have one).
Access to the observatory is via an extremely steep access road and there is only very limited space for parking – details here.
This event is part of the North Pennines Stargazing Festival running from 23 October to 3 November 2019. #NorthPennStarFest19 #NPennDarkSkies
(c) Live Aurora Network