The AONB Staff Unit has agreed an environmental policy to help guide its environmental performance.
AONB Partnership and Staff Unit
The North Pennines AONB Partnership is a strategic alliance of 24 public, statutory and voluntary sector organisations. It also includes four community representatives. The AONB Partnership, through its Staff Unit, takes action to look after the natural beauty of the North Pennines and seeks to co-ordinate the efforts of others. It also raises awareness of the AONB’s special qualities and administers the Global and European Geopark status for the AONB.
Quality service with minimal impact
The Staff Unit is committed to providing an excellent quality of service whilst minimising the environmental impact of its activities.
Some of the steps we are taking to support the landscape of the North Pennines and to reduce our environmental impact are:
- Running large-scale landscape conservation initiatives to conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the North Pennines and supporting the efforts of other organisations and individuals
- Supporting the development and promotion of sustainable and nature-based tourism in the North Pennines AONB & Geopark
- Using recycled paper in our corporate stationery and leaflets and encouraging the re-use and recycling of literature produced by the Staff Unit
- Recycling, composting and/or re-using waste produced by the Staff Unit
- Minimising, wherever possible, the impact of Staff Unit business travel by sharing transport and travelling by train. We also offset the carbon produced by the Staff Unit through its business travel
I confirm that the AONB Partnership Staff Unit is committed to continuous improvement in its environmental performance.
North Pennines AONB Director