Friends of the North Pennines
Do you care about the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty? If the answer is yes then the Friends of the North Pennines could be the organisation for you!
The Friends of the North Pennines charity was launched in 2011. It's been specially created for people who are passionate about looking after, and celebrating the special qualities of the North Pennines AONB and European Geopark.
Between Saturday 27 September and Sunday 5 October 2014 the Friends will be organising the second North Pennines-wide Walking Festival.
The aims of the Friends:
• Looking after the North Pennines - promoting the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment in and around the AONB
• Increasing awareness of the North Pennines and its special qualities
The charity will achieve its aims principally by: carrying out projects; raising funds; promoting and carrying out research; providing advice and training; publishing information; and cooperating with other organisations.
Become a Member
You can become a Member for £15 (individual) or £25 (joint) per year. Members will enjoy a number of benefits:
• members only events
• volunteering opportunities on Friends' projects
• four e-newsletters a year
• 50% discount on AONB Partnership publications
• annual meeting
• opportunities to meet like-minded people
You can also become a life member; see the application form for further details.
How to join
Download the application form at the bottom of the page, complete and return with either a cheque (made payable to Friends of the North Pennines) or download and complete the Standing Order mandate.
Find out more
For more information on the Friends of the North Pennines –
• Contact Di Denbury on 07816 123841 (FOTNP@hotmail.co.uk)