Allen Valleys Landscape Partnership
A new scheme developed by the AONB Partnership and funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund located in the north of the AONB.
The Allen Valleys Landscape Partnership Scheme will run from 2014 to 2018 and will conserve and restore some of the area's wonderful natural and cultural heritage, making the most of these heritage assets for the benefit of the local economy and our community. Find out how you can get involved by exploring the links below.
- Find out how we are conserving wildlife through our work on haymeadows, blanket bog, native woodland, rivers, red squirrels, lapwings and more.
- Discover what we have planned for our lead mining heritage
- We'll be uncovering secrets from the past and sharing them with our visitors. Have you got stories to share?
- A new community observatory, electric bikes and improved paths will provide new ways of exploring the Allen Valleys.
- Learn about heritage conservation and pick up some skills through our training and skills programme.
- We will be supporting our visitor economy through developing products for visitors and training for tourism businesses
- To make sure their is a lasting legacy from the scheme we are setting up a Community Benefit Society and hope to develop and income from small-scale renewable energy projects.
Don't miss out!
Our latest news is posted on the Allen Valleys LPS Facebook page
and you can also follow us on Twitter @AllenValleysLPS
. Make sure you don't miss out on any events, volunteer opportunities or grants
, by signing up to our monthly newsletter